On November 11 the Valdai Club hosted an online discussion, titled “Russia's BRICS Chairmanship in the Year of the COVID-19 Pandemic”, featuring Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov.
What are the challenges faced by BRICS in the year of the pandemic? How successful is cooperation within the BRICS? What have been Russia’s main achievements as president of the group? How does BRICS solve its internal problems? The guests of the Valdai Club answered these and other questions.
- Akshay Mathur, Director, Observer Research Foundation Mumbai, Head of ORF Geoeconomics Studies Programme
- Philani Mthembu, Executive Director at the Institute for Global Dialogue, South Africa
- Victoria Panova, Managing Director of the National Committee for BRICS Research, Academic Supervisor of the BRICS Russia Organizing Committee Expert Council, Vice-President for International Relations at the Far Eastern Federal University, Russia’s Sherpa in W20
- Sergey Ryabkov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Xu Sitao, Chief Economist, Partner at Deloitte (China)
Working languages: Russian, English.