On April 13 at 12:00 noon Moscow time, Valdai Club will host an expert discussion, titled “The Global Chip Race: What Will Be the Outcome for Russia, the US and China?”, timed to coincide with the release of the new Valdai Paper “US CHIPS and Science Act and Its Impact on Russia’s High-Tech Sector”. What consequences for Russia and the world can the technological confrontation between the USA and China lead to? Can China replace Western countries in the future as a supplier of microchips and equipment for their production? What steps should Russia take in order to foster local semiconductor production? Participants of the expert discussion will answer these and other questions.
• Stanislav Tkachenko, Valdai Club expert, DSc (Economics), Professor, St Petersburg State University (co-author of the Paper)
• Andrey Terekhov, Head of the Department of System Programming, Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, St. Petersburg State University; President of the Lanit-Tercom IT company (co-author of the Paper)
• Ruslan Yunusov, Co-Founder, Russian Quantum Center
• Nelson Wong, Vice President of the Shanghai Center for Strategic and International Studies
• Ivan Timofeev, Programme Director, Valdai Discussion Club.