Contemporary problems require global decisions that can only be elaborated by those possessing a global mindset. The book is a vivid example of such a mindset. It is a collection of the best articles of the Valdai Discussion Club and stands as the first comprehensive report about the mechanisms driving the world politics of today and the near future.
You will learn from the book that:
- Statehood may very soon become an unattainable luxury for many nations.
- Human rights may be at odds with the rights of the society and are indisputably not the limit for the latter.
- The New Atlanticism is transforming into a hegemony.
- When accusing others of revisionism, the US is creating an "ideal" model of revisionist behaviour itself.
- Countries have reasons to fear a tactical nuclear war in Europe.